2020 Summer Ringette Camp
We are excited to announce our FIRST EVER JHD Summer Ringette Camp, so grab a friend/teammate and let’s go!
Our NEW Summer Ringette Camp will build player’s confidence in all areas of their game and act as an opportunity to reconnect and grow the chemistry among ringette player’s, preparing for the 2020-2021 Season. Instructors have elite ringette experience through Team Canada, Canada Winter Games, and Team Manitoba backgrounds. Focusing on player’s individual skills and implementing them in game scenarios; our goal is to improve on a player’s skating, passing, and shooting abilities while engaging in highly intensive situations appropriate to their age group.
Working with Provincial Guidelines our Camp Staff will ensure players safety and health as a priority. Sanitization is required upon arrival and is available throughout the facility. Capacity protocols will be implemented during camp hours such as in the dressing room, boardroom, The Press Box Restaurant, Focus Fitness, and surrounding areas in the Iceplex facility. Masks are not required for participants or spectators but are recommended
Our 5-day Summer Ringette Camp consists of 2 on-ice skill sessions, 2 off-ice sessions and 1 boardroom sessions every day!
Skill Sessions the first half of the week will cover in detail:
|Edge Development (One & Two Foot)||Full Body Strength Conditioning||Creating Un-Predictable Paths|
|Forward / Backward Skating||Passing & Pass Receiving||Ways to Communicate|
|Checking||Shooting (Forehand, Backhand, Wrist Shot)||How to Read a Goalie|
Exclusive Goalie Training
|Agility + Quickness||Crease/Footwork|
|Hand-Eye Coordination||Building Confidence|
***Special Goalie Training from Amy Clarkson, Goalie #33 Senior Team Canada Ringette
- 1-on-1 training session throughout the week.
Skill Sessions the second half of the week will cover in detail:
|Decision Making / Play Making||Attacking & Defending|
|How to get Open for a Pass||Competition Drills|
This program will also contain off-ice workouts, run by Focus Fitness, where players will be exposed to the importance of functional movement. Players will be taught the benefits of an effective warm-up and will work on areas of their body that will tie into stronger skating & ring control skills such as reaction times, core stability, flexibility, co-ordination and more.
Players will not only be challenged physically but mentally during our boardroom sessions. Engaging in a realistic way, our JHD Ringette Instructors will share and teach players ringette knowledge based on their elite ringette experience. As well, creating a safe place for everyone to share their experiences and to learn from one another is key.
Here are the following discussion topics that will be presented in boardroom sessions within each age group:
- Women in Sport
- Nutrition; creating healthy habits that influence high performance.
- The Do’s and Don’t’s of Social Media; how social media effects athletes.
- #33 Amy Clarkson Senior Team Canada Athlete (Goalie); talking about her elite ringette career and more.
- Ringette Instructors will explain the game and its strategies;
- Inspiring Show and Tell. (Gold stick from nationals, CWG Medal, World Champion Stick & Medal and more)
DATE: August 10-14th and August 17-21st
TIME: On-ice sessions / Off-ice sessions / Boardroom sessions
LOCATION: Bell MTS Iceplex
TOTAL ON-ICE/OFF-ICE/BOARDROOM SESSIONS: 10
LIMITED NUMBER OF PLAYERS PER GROUP
COST: $550 plus GST (includes JHD Jersey + Dri-fit T-Shirt + Lunch)
- Child Care Tax Receipt will be provided
Available to the following age groups:
u10 (2011 – 2012)
u12 (2009 – 2010)
u16 (2005 – 2006) – SOLD OUT
u12/u10 (2009 – 2012)
u14 (2007 – 2008) – **Limited Spots Available** & Goalie Spots Sold Out
u16 (2005 – 2006)
Important Information for Parents
First Day Registration/Drop-off
Parents are asked to arrive early on the first day of camp to ensure their player is checked in and to have any questions answered by our JHD Ringette Camp Staff.
Group 1 (u16): will check in from 7:45 – 8:00am; Welcome meeting at 8:00am in dressing room
Group 2 (u10): will check in from 8:00 – 8:15am; Welcome meeting at 8:15am in boardroom
Group 3 (u12): will check in from 8:10 – 8:25am; Welcome meeting at 8:15am in boardroom
- Second Week Group 3- (u14)
Daily Drop-off & Pick-up
- Player drop off each day is between 7:30 and 8:25am
- Programming begins at 8:30am each day whether the player starts on-ice, off-ice or in the boardroom.
- While waiting, players will be participating in team building activities led by group leaders.
- Player pick up each is between 4:00 and 4:30pm
- Programming ends at 3:45pm each day whether the player finishes on-ice, off-ice or in the boardroom.
- Between 3:45 – 4:00pm players will pack up their on- and off-ice equipment.
- While waiting for pick-up, players will be participating in team building activities led by group leaders upstairs and will be called down once their ride has arrived.
- Parents MUST sign out their player at the end of each day.
Drop-off & pick-up location will be the front entrance/lobby to Bell MTS Iceplex.
Lunch is provided at the Summer Ringette Camp; parents are asked to pack healthy snacks and a water bottle to keep players hydrated throughout the day. Please label water bottle, snack bags and any other items. Players will have ample time to eat their snacks during their 1 boardroom sessions.
Although Bell MTS Iceplex has a canteen, it will NOT be open during camp hours. Please ensure that snack items do not require a microwave.
Nuts and Nut Products
For the safety of all participants, nut and peanut products are prohibited from the Summer Ringette Camp. Please be sure to read all product ingredient labels when packing snacks.
Summer Hockey Programs 11-1213-147-89-10 Summer